Experts in custom plastic extrusions profiles
As well as standard profiles, we manufacture and supply custom plastic extrusions for many applications. Sometimes your project has an unusual profile or requires a unique shape. With a custom profile, you can achieve a smooth finish in any space or project.
With over 35 years of industry experience, we are noted for our ability to create bespoke plastic extrusions that are customised to your individual needs. Get your choice of material with custom profiles in PVC, PET, HDPE, EVA and Polycarbonate available on request.
We use high tech equipment and custom design tools made in-house to develop and manufacture custom extrusions to your precise requirements.
Built for a Range of Industries in the UK & Overseas
We provide custom extrusions to a wide spectrum of industries. From our manufacturing centre in Derbyshire, we deliver across the UK and overseas to manufacturers, decorators, builders and more. Some of the industries we serve are covered below.
Retail / Shop-fitting
Covering hard edges, cables or shelving gaps with plastic trims and extrusions can give your shop floor a professional and clean finish, ensuring safety and ease of cleaning at all times. In bespoke shop fitting designs, plastic custom extrusions may be required to fit the needs of the design.
Building & Construction
Plastic extrusions or trims for conservatory, canopy or other modular buildings are a key material, providing secure fixings, sealing gaps and smoothing joins.
In lighting or other electronics, plastic extrusions support a wide range of fixtures and fittings.
Sports and Leisure
Manufacturers of sport equipment such as treadmills or cycle machines use plastic extrusions and profile in all sorts of custom shapes to provide uniform edges and covers.
Custom-Design Tools Made In-House To Fit All Requirements
We specialise in durable, cost-effective custom extrusions in different types of plastics. To do this, we invest in the latest technologies and equipment to develop our extrusion manufacturing processes and meet customer requirements to a tight tolerance.
We create our tooling and dies in-house to provide maximum efficiency when producing custom extrusions. This means we don’t need to wait for our dies or casts to be manufactured elsewhere to start creating custom plastic trims, angles or other extrusions. Thanks to our in-house tooling, we can offer our customers a fast turnaround and modify the designs as required.
Colour-Matching Services Available
Add the finishing touch to your project with perfect colour matching. Plastic extrusions are easily manufactured in white, black, yellow or clear plastic, but for more unusual colours, they can be hard to come by.
At Windmill Extrusions, we support our customers’ vision by providing colour-matching services, so the extrusions we create match exactly for a great visual impact.
Can Any Plastic Material Be Extruded?
Many different materials can be used for custom extrusions, in order to fulfil your needs precisely. A wide range of products can be created using our expert plastic extrusion services.
- Conventional PVC – Polyvinyl Chloride is a common material for profiles extrusions, being a high-strength thermoplastic material.
- uPVC – This is the same as PVC but it is ‘unplasticised’. It is strong but lightweight and requires very little maintenance.
- Polypropylene (PP) – A tough, rigid and crystalline thermoplastic with high durability and impact strength, used for window components, cutting boards, microwavable containers and medical applications.
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) – A thermoplastic that is robust yet flexible. LDPE can create plastic extrusions with high flexibility, perfect for piping in drinking water systems as it does not impart odour to liquids.
- Polycarbonate (PC) – A strong, resilient plastic which can withstand extreme temperatures: perfect for partitions, faceshields, retail and display shelving, tubing, lighting and more.
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) – A clear, strong, lightweight and 100% recyclable plastic
- Specialised thermoplastic elastomers – Materials which combine ease of processing with flexibility of elastomers.
- Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) – A flexible rubbery plastic with good chemical resistance and a high friction coefficient, used for medical tubing, gaskets, hoses and anti-vibration padding.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) – A low friction, waterproof and chemically resistant plastic used for tubing, crates and wire jacketing.
If you’re not sure which plastic is best suited for your project, feel free to contact us to discuss it with our team. We’re here to help.
Committed To Sustainability
As the world of plastic changes, we are keen to move towards more sustainable practices and materials. We are working with industry leads to achieve green solutions, and providing recyclable materials such as PET where possible.
Why Choose Windmill Extrusions?
- 35 years of industry experience
- Based in Derbyshire in the heart of England, delivering across the whole of the UK and overseas
- Creating custom plastic extrusions in any colour, customised to your individual needs
- Wide range of extrusion materials
- Durable, cost-effective bespoke extrusions from concept to completion
Unsure? Ask Our Expert Team!
Our friendly team are highly knowledgeable and experienced. We’ve built a reputation for delivering excellent customer service and making the highest quality custom plastic extrusions with our own purpose-built tooling. Contact us today with any enquiries you might have.
Download our brochure
Download our brochure
Find out more in our latest brochure.